Tips For Preventing Cyber Fraud
This checklist summarizes common cyber fraud prevention tactics, including tips and best practices. You may be following some of these recommendations now, while others may be new. In addition to prevention tips, we also include actions to take if you suspect that your personal information has been compromised.
- Follow general best practices
- Keep your technology up to date
- Be cautious with public networks
- Be strategic with your login credentials and passwords
- Be sure you’re on a secure website
- Beware of phishing
Cybercrime and fraud are serious threats and constant vigilance is key. While PDS plays an important role in helping protect your assets, you can also take action to protect yourself and help secure your information. Read Tips for Preventing Fraud.
- Visit these sites for more information and best practices:
- StaySafeOnline.org: Review the STOP. THINK. CONNECT™ cybersecurity educational campaign.
- OnGuardOnline.gov: Focused on online security for kids, it includes a blog on current cyber trends.
- FDIC Consumer Assistance & Information, https://www.fdic.gov/consumers/assistance/index.html.
- FBI Scams and Safety provides additional tips, https://www.fbi.gov/scams-and-safety.
Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment, strategy, or product or any non-investment related content, made reference to directly or indirectly in this newsletter, will be suitable for your individual situation, or prove successful. This material is distributed by PDS Planning, Inc. and is for information purposes only. Although information has been obtained from and is based upon sources PDS Planning believes to be reliable, we do not guarantee its accuracy. It is provided with the understanding that no fiduciary relationship exists because of this report. Opinions expressed in this report are not necessarily the opinions of PDS Planning and are subject to change without notice. PDS Planning assumes no liability for the interpretation or use of this report. Consultation with a qualified investment advisor is recommended prior to executing any investment strategy. No portion of this publication should be construed as legal or accounting advice. If you are a client of PDS Planning, please remember to contact PDS Planning, Inc., in writing, if there are any changes in your personal/financial situation or investment objectives. All rights reserved.