Reports To: Partner
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Client Relationship Manager partners with the planning team(s) to serve client relationships and actively participate in the preparation of the planning process to address retirement, risk management, estate and tax considerations. The primary responsibility of the Client Relationship Manager is to serve as a liaison between our associates, our custodians of assets, and financial advisors to ensure client requests are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create custodian paperwork for new account/transfer requests for advisory teams and clients.
- Provide team members with status updates on client cashiering & maintenance through CRM.
- Monitors alerts from all custodians and distributes to CRM/Advisory team.
- Process trades for client accounts daily.
- Process monetary transactions through the custodial websites
- Track and maintain the required minimum distribution process for all clients who meet the requirement annually.
- Maintain appropriate client compliance files, as needed.
- Initiate contact and gather pertinent information for client meetings.
- Coordinate and prepare the appropriate data inputs for client meetings.
- Schedule and participate in the pre-meeting work session with Planning Analyst to finalize meeting preparation.
- Continually manage the ongoing coordination of post-meeting and non-meeting assigned actions.
- Organize, coordinate, and maintain client data across core systems (Junxure/EMX/Orion/CSPlanner).
- Develop knowledge base for all financial planning disciplines.
- Participate in the client meetings to scribe the details of the meeting and prepare meeting summaries, as needed.
- FPQP Certification – Financial Para planner Qualified Professional
- CFP® – Certified Financial Planner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration preferred, three to five years of experience in the finance industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to other employees and management. Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication, with supervisor, clients, staff, vendors, etc.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. This role requires above-average knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Financial Knowledge – Ability to understand terminology associated with finance and investments.
- Customer Service – Gathering and comprehending requests from clients, as well as conveying definitive information accurately and effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what clients are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and work load effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware and considerate of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time while operating their computer and performing office work. The individual needs to occasionally move about inside the office. They constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and others in the office while interacting. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and make adjustments as necessary.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Rita Itsell at RItsell@pdsplanning.com