Viewpoints: June 2021
Welcome to Viewpoints, a monthly bulletin from PDS Planning to our valued clients and friends. Our goal with each issue of Viewpoints is to provide you with a wide variety of perspectives on life and wealth. Feel free to share with others.
Economic, Investment, and Other News Bits
- A Long Way Out: The Fed met earlier this week and came to the conclusion that interest rates can be expected to tick up to 0.6% by the end of 2023. Previously, they expected to hold steady through that year (Source: WSJ)
- False Positive: Olympic qualifying hopeful Shelby Houlihan, American record holder in the 1,500 and 5,000 meter run, is facing a 4-year ban after a positive test result for an anabolic steroid. The alleged cause? A pork burrito (Source: ESPN)
- Space Travel: After Jeff Bezos steps down as CEO of Amazon in early July, he has made plans to be on the first crewed flight to space on his own Blue Origin rocket ship. Shortly after his announcement on Instagram, a petition to deny Bezos re-entry to Earth was jokingly started. It now has over 12,000 signatures (Sources: CNN and Independent)
- Newest Federal Holiday: Congress approved a bill to make Juneteenth the 12th federal holiday. From AP News, “Juneteenth commemorates June 19, 1865, when Union soldiers brought the news of freedom to enslaved Black people in Galveston, Texas — two months after the Confederacy had surrendered. That was also about 2 1/2 years after the Emancipation Proclamation freed slaves in the Southern states.” (Source: AP News)
- New Home: The Columbus Crew’s new soccer stadium, Lower.com Field, is set to open its doors for the first game on July 3rd. They’ll be up against the New England Revolution, the same team that helped debut historic Crew Stadium in May, 1999 (Source: Massive Report)
Happy Father’s Day from all of us at PDS!
The 3rd Sunday in June we take the time to honor fathers everywhere. It’s a time for families to gather and celebrate any father figure in our lives. My own dad was always there for me growing up: spending countless hours helping with math homework at the kitchen table, playing long toss in the backyard, practicing free throws on the driveway, and trying to teach me to see the good in others. The older I get, the more I realize how much time and effort my parents spent focused on me and the more I appreciate everything they did.
So Dad – Thank you, and Happy Father’s Day!
Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment, strategy, or product or any non-investment related content, made reference to directly or indirectly in this newsletter, will be suitable for your individual situation, or prove successful. This material is distributed by PDS Planning, Inc. and is for information purposes only. Although information has been obtained from and is based upon sources PDS Planning believes to be reliable, we do not guarantee its accuracy. It is provided with the understanding that no fiduciary relationship exists because of this report. Opinions expressed in this report are not necessarily the opinions of PDS Planning and are subject to change without notice. PDS Planning assumes no liability for the interpretation or use of this report. Consultation with a qualified investment advisor is recommended prior to executing any investment strategy. No portion of this publication should be construed as legal or accounting advice. If you are a client of PDS Planning, please remember to contact PDS Planning, Inc., in writing, if there are any changes in your personal/financial situation or investment objectives. All rights reserved.